By paying your ticket online you are agreeing to plead guilty.
In order to avoid the inconvenience of requiring you to post a cash bond with The Cuba Police Department, you are being issued a courtesy summons by the arresting officer. You may dispose of this violation in one or more of the following manners:
- Appear in Court on the date and time stated on your summons.
- To Plead Guilty and Pay Your Fine:
- Enter a Plea of Guilty by signing the back of your summons and enclosing it with a CHECK or MONEY ORDER for your fine and costs payable to CUBA MUNICIPAL COURT. We will NOT accept partial Cash amounts may be paid to the court clerk in person.
- Write your ticket number and daytime phone number on the front of your check or money
- Sign your ticket in the “Defendant’s Name” block on the back, complete all other information and send the ticket with your payment to Cuba Municipal
- To Plead Not Guilty:
- Complete and sign the form at the bottom of this page and send to:
CUBA MUNICIPAL COURT P.O.BOX292
CUBA, MISSOURI 65453
- The Municipal Court will notify you by mail of your court date:
NOTE: YOU MUST APPEAR IN COURT on the date and time stated on your summons if:
- You are charged with speeding more than 20 MPH over the speed limit; or
- You are involved in an ACCIDENT; or
- Your citation is not one listed in the Non Appearance Violations List. NOTE: If you had insurance at the time you received the ticket, but did not have proof of insurance in your vehicle pursuant to 303.024, RSMo, you will be entitled to a dismissal of the charge. You must bring your proof of insurance to the court clerk before your next court date to be dismissed or have your insurance company fax a copy to the court. Only faxes from insurance companies will be accepted. Name and citation number need to be included with the fax.
YOUR CASE WILL ONLY BE DISMISSED IF YOUR INSURANCE WAS IN EFFECT ON THE DATE AND TI ME OF YOUR TICKET
- If you fail to Respond to this Summons:
- Your driving privileges in this state or in your home state may be suspended until the fine is paid
- A WARRANT may be issued for your arrest
- If your check is returned unpaid:
- A guilty plea will be entered on the ticket and a notice of conviction for the offense will be entered on your driving You will still owe the amount of the fine.
- Your driving privileges may be suspended for failure to pay, and you may be su bject to prosecution for the bad
I PLEAD NOT GUILTY
SIGNATURE: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
HONORABLE PATRICK J. HORSEFIELD CUBA MUNICIPAL JUDGE
Last modified: July 19, 2017