The following information is for new customers wanting to get utility service in City of Cuba:
Please call City Hall at 573-885-7432 to get a deposit quote for your new services. The deposit quote is based on the yearly average utility bill at the address you are moving to. Therefore, we will need an address in order to figure your utility deposit. The full deposit must be paid to set up services.
If you have had services in your name for the previous 12 months at another utility company, please request a Letter of Credit from them.
You will need something called an Occupancy Permit, which is a free of charge safety inspection that is done by our Public Works Director. Please call 573-885-6453 to set up an appointment for this inspection. We will need the paperwork from the inspection to set up services.
You will have to fill out the Utility Application Form.
We will need to make a copy of your driver’s license photo ID.
Application for New Customers: UTILITY APPLICATION FORM
INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE JUST HAD SERVICES CONNECTED
- All utility meters will be read within the last three working days of the month
- Utility bills will be mailed from our office on the 5th working day of the month
- Utility bills will be due y 4:30 pm on the 3rd of each month, unless the 3rd falls on a weekend or holiday, then it will be due on the following Monday
- If bills are not paid by 4:30 pm on the due day, a 10% late fee penalty will be added to the bill
- Shut off day for non-payment of bills is at 8:00 am on the 10th of each month, unless the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday, then it will be the following Monday. The full amount due plus a $25 disconnect fee has to be paid on shut-off day in order to keep your services on.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 573-885-7432
The City of Cuba provides your residential trash service through a contract with Swinger Sanitation. You are allowed two 35 gallon trash cans with lids, provided by you, that will be picked up twice weekly. To find out your pick-up days or if you are interested in renting a poly cart, please call Swinger at 573-885-7596
Budget Billing was established to distribute the average cost of higher and lower utility bills over a 12 month period. People find it easier to budget from month-to-month with budget billing.
To be eligible for budget billing you must:
- Have a twelve (12) month billing history at your current residential location.
- Be current in utility payments.
- Agree to pay the full Budget Billing amount each and every month by the due date.
- Agree that any payment less than the Budget Billing amount will be subject to shut-off.
- Agree that if shut-off for nonpayment, the account is not eligible for Budget Billing for a twelve (12) month period.
- Agree that after two (2) delinquent payments, my account is not eligible for Budget Billing for a twelve (12) month period.
- Agree that if your account has a credit balance, that balance will be applied to the next bill.
- Agree that if you or the city opts to discontinue Budget Billing privileges, your next bill will reflect a final adjustment.
If you are interested in participating in budget billing please complete the following form: Budget Billing.
Please return the form to:
Mail: City of Cuba
Utility Billing Manager
PO Box K
Cuba, MO 65453